The correct ring size is important to ensure a perfect fit whether you are shopping for yourself or a present for someone else. You can either use a good-fitting ring or by measuring the finger in question.
Method One: Measuring the inner diameter of the ring you already own:
Method Two: Measuring your finger:
Ring Sizing Tips：
Try these ring sizing tricks of the trade to find the perfect fit.
• Go for a snug fit. “As jewelers, we always say the ring should ‘go on easy, come off hard,’ ” Duke says. “This means you have the right fit and the ring is sized properly for the finger, minimizing the risk of loss.”
• Keep seasons in mind. “Your fingers tend to change size throughout the course of the year, especially during summer and winter,” Kothari says. “They’ll swell up a bit during the summer so keep that in mind so the ring doesn’t become uncomfortable to wear during those months.”
• Consider the width of the band. “The wider the band, the tighter it will fit,” says Duke, who recommends going up .25 to .5 size for rings with wider styles.
• Warm up your hands. If you’ve just come in from the cold or naturally have colder hands, Pomije recommends warming them to room temperature for the most accurate ring sizing.
• Go big. If you get two different finger measurements or find that a ring you wear often fits differently from time to time, Duke says it’s best to choose a slightly larger ring size, and, if you can, consult a professional.